Saturday, January 21, 2017

Waiting on Studio Completion!

In March of 2016 we began our journey to an addition to our shop for a carport for our travel trailer and a craft studio for me.  Finally, on 09-03-16 concrete was poured and thus began the process.  I wanted to set up this site for collecting information and pictures regarding my swaps and crafts which include Scrapbooking, Jewelry making and Quilting.

Today, 01-21-17, we are ready for sheetrock.  We hope to be complete by Mid February.  My plan is to start moving in all the stuff I have packed as soon as the flooring is laid. 

For now, I am working on crafts and swaps (for Swap-bot.com) from one room to another.  Not very successfully and not very fulfilling. 

I have found a new "thing" to try.  It's called Pocket Letters.  This is where you take a trading card binder sheet and fill it with little bits your swap partner might like.  These swaps are usually themed around something or another and include a little letter to your swap partner.  It's like having a one time penpal with extras. 

I found this as an example:
I can't wait until I can reach the stuff in my scrapbooking stash to make some of these.

Now, I wanted to post pictures of a "tag" I received from a partner from Swap-bot.com.  I started a string in a group forum for "I wish for..." tag.  I wished for:

Pink thread
Yellow thread
Pink lace
Any color ric rac

And here is what my partner sent:




I was just excited to get the great box with the wonderful stamps and then to open the box and get a ton of PINK stuff!  It was a great gift!  There are some pretty wonderful folks on Swap-bot.

I've got a few swaps open that I'm working on.  I'll post pictures of these as soon as I get them ready to mail to my partners.

If anyone reads this...Thanks!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment