Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Studio Updates

The DH (Darling Husband!) and I have been busy this past weekend.  We took this old Singer sewing machine treadle my mom had (she didn't sew, she put a glass top on it and used it as a table) and added wood to the top.  I then added Insulbrite, batting and fabric to make this ironing table.  

 I finally put up the "design wall" I made from sheets of Styrofoam insulation I bought from our Lowe's.  I covered these with batting using a spray on adhesive.  I stuck them to the wall with Command hooks (the Velcro kind).  I think they were for hanging pictures.

The strips on the board are some of the strips I made from Daddy's shirts to make quilts for my cousin Mickey, my daughter Heather, and me.  I worked on the project for a while the summer after he passed but, put it away and am just now getting back into it.  I'd like to have them finished (at least the tops) by end of summer.  I do need more FABRIC!!!  Woot!  I get to go shopping!!

I updated some metal plant holders for the back porch by just adding a little spray paint!  We had to get rid of our Adirondack bench...it was starting to rot a little in important spots.  But, we received a lovely table and four chairs from our neighbor.  It was his mother's and he inherited it when she passed.  They had no use for it.  I was glad to take it off their hands.  We are going to paint it orange like the bench.  I'll post pic's of this area when it is complete.

Happy Crafting!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment