Thursday, July 20, 2017

Little bit of Nothing!

Late in July and it's HOT here in Texas!  About the only thing to do is hang out wherever there is A/C which is mostly in the Studio!  YAY!

This is the first completed "memorial" quilt made from my dad's shirts.  It's a bit wonky but like my husband said "Paw was a bit wonky himself"!

The darling husband wanted to make me a sign for "The Studio" but he wanted it to be a surprise.  Until he realized "why would I get someone to make the letters when Kim has a Cricut?!" So, he picked the fonts, the arrangement, I cut the letters on the Cricut, he painted and used Mod-Podge to attach the letters and even hung it above the door for me!  He's soooo sweet!


Made CiCi a coat from a pattern I found on Pinterest!  Used an old Texas Rangers t-shirt and lined it with Texas Rangers fleece!  It's kinda cute!

My newest acquisition!  It does have drawers!  It's a cutting table.  It's a bit tall.  It works well when cutting strips, I don't have to bend over. But, I like to see the fabric from above to make sure it butts up to all the lines on a ruler.  Darling Husband suggested I get a step up.  I can store it under the middle!

The president of our Quilt Guild issued a challenge to make as many of these flag blocks as possible.  The idea is to put them all together and see if we have enough to make a "Quilt of Valor" for a veteran!  I've made 10 so far!  Not due until Septembers meeting.

Well, that's about all for now!

Happy Crafting!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment