Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I've Been Busy!


Well, I have!!!

I'm finally settling in to the Studio.  I've been working on a l
ot of projects.

I finished the Rainbow quilt for Billy in Las Vegas.  I still have to get it quilted...or I might quilt it myself.  I do want to get rainbow variegated thread to quilt with though.  I'll have to get a picture...I thought I had one :-(

I've made a couple of quilts for our local CASA.  One, I've already turned in and the second I finished up yesterday.  I'm not sure who pieced it but, I was asked to quilt it.  I think it turned out kinda cute.

I've also been working on a cat quilt.  It's MSQC's "Paws & Pins" pattern.  Once I got all the bits cut out it really went together quickly.



It's for a gal I used to work with. She's crazy about cats.

I have a new work station set up because I'm getting an embroidery machine.  I'll pick it up 10-30 when I take in my Tiara and Janome to be cleaned.  It's a BabyLock Flourish.  I bought it at the State Fair of Texas from Mr. Sewing Machine.  I'm really excited.  I've been watching tons of YouTube videos about machine embroidery.

Here is the station.



The top was purchased at IKEA back when I was buying my desk.  I wasn't paying attention and bought a smaller top than I wanted.  It was just hanging around until I decided to purchase the embroidery machine and decided I'd use it for that.  I had to buy legs but, that was only about 25-30 bucks.  I added the rolling Sterilite cart I had.  I think it will be good to store embroidery supplies.

Well,  I guess that will be all for today.  I have a couple of baby blankets I need to get started on but, I also have a construction guy coming over to quote on fixing our shower in the Master bath and then I'm meeting my cousin Mickey at the China Café for lunch.

Happy Crafting!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment