Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A bit of Progress

Yesterday, the trim guy got most of the trim up.  He will be back tomorrow to finish caulking.   I have someone coming out tomorrow to quote on the countertop and backsplash.  Then I can get the plumbing topped out.  Woot!

Billy and I put together the Kallax shelves from IKEA.  These were quite easy to assemble.  The second took less than 30 minutes after we had practiced on the first one.  I'm going to a quilt show in Tyler Friday so I won't get to start setting up the room until then....but, I'll have all weekend to work on it.

Yesterday, I met some gals from the Aley Meetup craft group for lunch at the Victorian Lady Tea Room in Mabank.  We are going tomorrow evening to Stop-N-Gogh Art Studio to paint a picture.  It's one of those bring your wine and we will help you paint!  We are all looking forward to it!

Here are a few pictures of the current state of the Studio.
This is Billy finishing up on the second Kallax.  The stack of boxes on the card table behind it are full of beads sorted by color.

Here are the two (one is in back of the other) Alex file drawers.  I have a table top to go on top to make a second desk.  There are also some insulation foam boards on top.  I'm going to use spray baste to attach batting to these to use as quilt design boards.  There is also a spray bottle full of water to spray Biscuit, the cat, when he tries to climb on the screen and tear it up!!

This is my new chair.  CiCi sure is grinning big!  I guess she thinks it's her chair.

Happy Crafting,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment